Table of Contents
Short Introduction to our Monetary System
- Modern Monetary Theory describes the current state
- Modern Money – The 5 Key Principles
15 Questions for Diving Deeper into the Topic
- What is fiat money and why is it so stable?
- What are the advantages of a fiat currency and what are the limits?
- Why do we have two kinds of money and why are private banks allowed to make money?
- How does deposit money emerge through lending? And how does it disappear again?
- Is the bank rich because it can create an unlimited amount of deposit money?
- If there are two separate monetary cycles – how does government spending make its way into the real economy?
- What role do government bonds play in deficit spending?
- What does the government’s money creation look like in the simplest case? For example, in Canada?
- From Canada to the Eurozone – is government money creation really that easy? 10. How does the vulnerable Eurozone manage the COVID-19 crisis?
- Why are government debts not comparable to other debts?
- Do public debts need to be repaid? Should they be repaid?
- When does inflation rise? And why is deflation a problem?
- What is the neoclassical take on this topic? And why does credit money make such a big difference?
- More about Modern Monetary Theory?